Navbar

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Why I love Windows Phone ?

Why Windows Phone ?

One question I am always asked by familiar ones is "Why Windows Phone ?"  Well true that I have always been a Microsoft Fan ever since I started using the PC or my first smartphone which was a Windows Mobile Professional 6 device, but all that aside its the pure simplicity of Windows Phone and the Intuitiveness which makes me choose it over any other smartphone platform like Android or iOS. Not that I have not tried any other Os. I will actually break this article in different sub points as to why Windows Phone !

The Start Screen.


One thing which personalizes every Windows Phone user is his/her start screen. Windows Phone features a totally new concept of "Live Tiles." Well before you ask me what they are, let me tell you: they are tiles which are live ! Makes sense ? Kinda......
Well in true sense the Live Tiles in Windows Phone are these small personalized tiles which in other terms can be thought of as shortcuts to apps. But wait it just doesn't stop there. Now when I say LIVE, these tiles provide me access to information in real time which gives me the capability to simply glance and go. For example: I can have a weather tile for my location which knows where I am and keeps updating the weather info in real time, now to check the weather I simply glance at my start screen and look at the tile. Notice how no app was used to actually get in and find out the weather info. Now you might say that well...Android does it too and its called Widgets. Agreed....now let me remind you that before even Android was around, Windows Mobile had the same capability and it was known as the Today Screen !

Apps Apps Apps...

Ever since Windows Phone came out in the market, critics were quick enough to point out how Windows Phone platform doesn't have enough apps and lacks in app quantity. Now I won't get inside the statistics at this point but will rather ask you what exactly are the apps you need ?
Now an average smartphone user might say...well Facebook...YouTube....Twitter....may be Netfilx...etc etc.
Well guess what...all major apps available in any other smartphone platform are available on Windows Phone. I choose Windows Phone because it has all the apps that I need. And btw the Windows Phone Marketplace already has 100,000 apps and counting. The apps are beautiful in design and provide every bit of functionality you would need.

The Windows Environment.


Windows Phone has an amazing file storing service called "Skydrive" which makes life so much easier and simpler. Skydrive is Microsoft's own cloud storage service which lets you store and share files so easily. For instance, I snap a picture on my Windows Phone and as soon as I go to my PC which is running the latest version of Windows 8 or even my old laptop which has Windows 7 with the Skydrive app installed...BOOM !!! The picture that I just took on my phone is already there. MAGIC !!!
And that's not all...I am reading a document or a presentation on my laptop/desktop and I have to make a make a move. Well no problem I simply take my Windows Phone out and the file is already on my phone ready for me to work on the move. 

With a fully functional Microsoft Office Suite built in Windows Phone...editing and reading docs/power points/notes are never a problem. So go ahead Android/iOS users...try that on your phone and the challenge is "no third party apps !".

Its Beautiful !!

"Windows Phone is a breath of fresh air." Gone are the days of ugly screens filled with app shortcuts or gone are the days when your phone is over stuffed with so called widgets. Windows Phone presents to you the unique smart and stylist Modern UI design previously known as Metro. With the new design everything is just a swipe away. 

Windows Phone is Simply Faster !!

  Don't believe me ? Just look at the video above and more here.

Lots of devices to choose from.

Windows Phone offers you an amazing range of OEM options to choose from. Be it Nokia, Samsung, HTC or LG. EVery Windows Phone offers you the same exact user experience irrespective of the manufacturer. The device specification instructions were strictly enforced by Microsoft to help maintain the same device quality and offer users the same pure experience on every device.

Xbox Live and Social Networking.

I love games and I love my Xbox. Surely I play a lot of games on my console and the games hub on my Windows Phone helps me stay connected to my gaming world. With Xbox live built in to every Windows Phone you can easily share games with your friends, play a wide number of super cool games on your phone, send messages to your xbox live pals and even control your console simply from your phone with the Xbox companion app.

With the growing age of social networking where every one has a facebook or a twitter...well guess what !! Windows Phone has Facebook and Twitter built in. And NO I am not talking about the facebook or the twitter app. Windows Phone's people hub lets you see all your facebook and twitter friends and know instantly whats new ! Not only that...with one click share...share your favorite moments with all your friends.

Music player ?

 Music lover ? Well so do I...and the best part of having a Windows Phone is the Zune music + video player. Easily sync all your song using the Zune client on your PC and voila....all your songs and videos are ready to be played on your phone. Not only that...with Zune Pass, Microsoft’s Zune digital media service you are able to download and play tons of songs right on your device.

The Awesome Windows Phone Community !

 If you are a Windows Phone user...you are by default Awesome !! And when you are a Windows Phone Fan that makes you a "WinPhan" ! Just like thousands of other winphans out there including me. The Windows Phone community consists of smart people who know the benefits of choosing a smart ecosystem over another. We are different...from the typical smartphone user who sometimes does things way more complex than how we do. So be proud !

Why not Windows Phone ? 

I cannot think of any reason right now....why don't you ? Leave a comment !


Come back later....this article is still Developing !! :P

All images belong to their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment